The 15 Features of Your DSLR That Every Photographer Should Know

http://bit.ly/BHEventSpace http://jeffcable.com/ http://jeffcable.blogspot.com/ The Top 15 Features of Photoshop Every Photographer Should Know http://youtu….

Comments

TwoOneSevenSixFiveSixFive says:

Q: When someone says “take it down one stop” what is that exactly? The
equivalent of going from F-4.5 to 3.5? Even when they’re not talking about
aperture which is referred to as F stop I think. For example when he was
talking about exposure comp, he said you could compensate one stop in
either direction or something. Please explain! Just getting into
photography :p

ElectronicPleasure says:

This guy must be a blast at parties.

jose Calderon says:

Hi, I tried doing a portrait of my daughter with my settings at f4.5(the
lowest my lens will go), but my camera doesn’t blur the background
completely. I focused right into my daughter’s eyes and set the 9 focus
point to just one (her eyes), ISO 400 (I was indoors). I’m currently using
my t3 with the 18-55 IS II lens kit. Is it because my lens doesn’t go lower
than 4.5? Thanks for answering!

jose Calderon says:

Thanks for all the explanations! I just got my cannon T3 (due to it’s low
price, my budget and its reputation) which I’m currently learning how to
use.

StopMotionHippo says:

i make stop motion animations, i WAS looking into a nikon dslr camera but
im finding that a canon would better suit my needs,,any suggestions that
would aide in my decision?

Saif Elnasr says:

Awesome video

diaryofafoodie says:

The back focus explanation is a little weak. He tells you to turn off
focusing, and says he uses a different button to focus- but I don’t really
understand how he tells this other button to focus and what the difference
is between one button focusing versus another. You should make a new video
on the back focus technique. Thanks!

The Imageer says:

excellent channel

Ryan Dowd says:

Wait, so do you actually call it “I.S.O”? I’ve heard it is actually
pronounced “eye-so” or “ice-oh” instead.

Cássio Renan says:

Awesome video! Thanks

dian ton says:

Trying to understand still

Tamal Mukherjee says:

15 features of your dSLR you must know.

Conan Dombroski says:

Regarding exposure comp: Why not change aperture/shutter speed as opposed
to using EC? e.g. I want a shot to be under-exposed, so I increase shutter
speed (just an example, not something I do for every shot).

seraphimh7 says:

i think canon is recalling all 70d because focusing problem ,, THATS GREAT
i will buy a camera that has great focus anyway the 70d.. does not work
with lightroom. where do we send or 70d for full refunds sure hope it is
true.

pranav gangani says:

Wow…I never knew a thing about all this. I have a canon 600d and I have
just started using it in its righteousness.

Albadani Moe Photography says:

great presentation. thanx

John Hansen says:

just bought the eos 600d, thanks for great tips

Carl Berríos says:

He goes too fast, as a newbie it’s hard for me to understand.

mustardymayo says:

Good video so far, however, the “starburst” effect doesn’t just happen at
the higher F-stops. Generally I find that at 3 stops down from wide open
gives you the starburst effect. (For example, on a 50mm 1.8, I can get
great starbursts at F5)

cgpilk says:

I really like his photography style which I think helps to drive home the
points in the presentation. Compulsory tutorial for beginners, some good
tips for the intermediate photographer.

allison northway says:

Excellent presentation full of valuable info! Jeff does a great job
presenting too. Thanks B&H for posting

Royal Deca says:

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

Omar Omari says:

One of the best presentations, I have seen. Thank U

Gabor Tokes says:

Thank you for this lecture Jeff!
This was really a godsent!
It finally makes you WANT to start photography instead of intimidating with
professional vocabulary and complicated examples…
You are the Man!

56:27 flash
1:03:26 image stabilisation
1:04:23 the beep
1:05:13 custom menu

Aditya Kulkarni says:

Thanks a lot …
This really encouraged me to reconsider a dslr purchase .
I would probably go for canon t3i…as it is relatively cheap and and
functional …
People suggested that I have an eye for photography …so hope to develop
my skills with this tutorial ..
Thanks

rakesh.v Kumar says:

Hi. this video is very helpfull .. i just have a simple (or you may call it
stupid ) question .. I have a canon 550D camera with 18-55 IS lens .. and i
usually shoot only on the manual mode .. had never tried aperture mode ..
after seeing this video, looks like aperture mode is more fun .. now most
of the settings and most of the ideas you talk about on this video do you
suggest to have the lens on Manual Focus or Auto focus??

Opspeculate IsHere says:

I made one using your great tutorial.

O CANADA – Jason Empey – Opspeculate

My first video with my Xmas Canon T3i camera still using my $12.00 green
screen.
The audio on the camera is pretty good for an open air recording of my loud
amp.

Green Screening For $12.00

Robert Smith says:

To see stunning pictures from outer space visit this link…

qikese says:

Really enjoyed this one. Only about half of these things tend to be in my
regular go-to repertoire and I really need to add a few more of them.
Favorite new thing I learned about was the idea of the alternative
focusing, I think he called it back-focus. I’ve got to see if my Nikon
offers any similar capability. Seems a lot like manual focus, but easier.
Anyway, thanks for making this available!

EntityJewelry says:

About half way to the video (0:39:03), Jeff talked about focal point. If
you’re one that use center (1) focal point, there is a quicker way to focus
the subject without having to change the focal point. In the case of the
gecko or the walking girl in the temple, direct the focal point to the
gecko’s or girl’s face, press the shutter button half-way to focus and keep
it pressed half-way. It keeps the focus locked in. Then, readjust the
picture frame as you pleased while your finger is still pressing
half-way, and press the shutter speed all the way down to snap the photo.
It’s basic technique that works on most cameras if not all including point
‘n shoot models. Try it and you will see that it’s much quicker than
resetting the focal point on the camera.

crafting girly says:

B and H you guys are awesome. Whenever I am in need of information on how
to shoot I always turn to your videos. Great job!

Chris Mann says:

Hi Jeff, Just came across you video here and was wondering about your
method for you back button metering in different lighting situations. You
are just using AV on you camera and when you point camera down to your mid
tone you are using the the back button to lock exposure as long as you keep
it pressed right? What I did not understand is how can you use this in
situations where you could have subjects that are more strongly backlit or
in deeper shadow. I tried it and it seems that the stronger backlighting
affects the image anyway and creates a darker image. Seems very confusing
to me

Blaine gullion says:

I shoot canon D5 mk 2 , to get sharper images I use the “mirror lock”
function it is way sharper in this mode. When using live view it is
recommended to cover the view window because light can enter through it and
change your exposure,great video!

Hung Phan says:

15 Features of your DSLR camera that you should know http://buff.ly/15Ywgt5

Photographic Learning Resources says:

An excellent informative overview of how to get the best from your DSLR
from +Jeff Cable :)

Kevin Thornhill says:

Excellent

Onur Ibrahim says:

Great video about shooting video and using an slr properly

Terry Wright says:

He might be a bit quick with the technical lingo once in a while, but it’s
a very straight-forward presentation, I think you’ll like it.

Sandeep Perera says:

Photography Tut1

Psuedoir Photographic says:

#B&Heventspace #jeffcable

To follow up on one of B&H’s most successful video trainings, taught by
Jeff Cable, which was titled “The 15 features of Photoshop every
photographer should know”, Jeff is back to teach “The 15 features of your
DSLR that you need to know”. To capture great images, it is imperative that
you know these basics. Even seasoned professionals have to become familiar
with each new camera body, so that they can react to almost any situation
and shoot without delay. This class will cover the most important buttons,
menus and dials of your DSLR from the shooting modes, to exposure
compensation and flash control. Learn to take control of your DSLR camera
and start shooting in creative ways. Jeff shoots with Canon cameras, but
the training would pertain to most newer DSLR cameras, regardless of brand.

tres labian says:

Great job !

lwashburn1 says:

Excellent instructor/instructions. Thank you!

TheRosemontag says: