Simply Boudoir Photography Tutorial – Ranger Quadra RX flash

Download the complete video at: http://www.prophotonut.com/choice/ This chapter didn’t make the final cut of our Simply Boudoir photography tutorial and cont…

Comments

Lovegrove Training says:

This chapter didn’t make the final cut of our Simply Boudoir photography
tutorial and contains previously unreleased footage. The reasons this
chapter was left on the cutting room floor is purely because it teaches
flash photography techniques rather than using continuous light sources.
Enjoy!

Purchase and download the complete Simply Boudoir video production at:

Simply Boudoir Photography Tutorial – Ranger Quadra RX flash

AndreCorner says:

2:18 the scene is so beautiful it seems the picture could be taken by
itself!
Not saying Damien’s not good, of course, I’m just saying I’d love to have a
location like that! That looks good even as video movie-like footage when
he’s explaining :)

DFPV says:

I like Damien’s style. Different from many other photographers.

the dat Lieu says:

125*2.8 ?
=> iso = ?

Guy Outcast says:

My quadra coming next week and im so going to be trying to recreate that
shot. great work D.

Edward Kemp says:

Why ISO 1000? That seems a little bit excessive lool, if you raise the ISO
you loose a great deal of image quality. I can imagine for this kind of
shoot it is something should be avoided right?

memorystar 72 says:

✴

黑线球球 says:

TheMozaah says:

at f2.8, I am surprised at the focus – recompose method, some of the
recompose motions seem quite exaggerated. even with the final images, the
one with the whole stairs showing seems softer than the ones shooting
through the railing where you weren’t recomposing.

fotovitasu says:

просто и шикарно!

Tuan Anh Ha says:

Thank you for your tutorial.

Alex Ball says:

Surprising how much shooting and stuff you fitted into this short video :)
great work

Gene Gregory says:

wow learned a lot at this theme.

Virginie Bourque says:

These pictures are gorgeous. You make it look so easy to achieve such
results! Very inspiring! Thank you for these!

Kadeem Booth says:

Dramatic and sexy. Awesome session.

Rabi Ahmad says:

Great lighting! I think I prefer more eye contact with this look. It would
give a more intimate and moody feel.

Canon 7d says:

This chapter didn’t make the final cut of our Simply Boudoir photography
tutorial and contains previously unreleased footage. The reasons this
chapter was left on the cutting room floor is purely because it teaches
flash photography techniques rather than using continuous light sources.
Enjoy!

Purchase and download the complete Simply Boudoir video production at:

Simply Boudoir Photography Tutorial – Ranger Quadra RX flash

Criss Nicksson says:

You are great

coreywolfgang says:

seconded

AllyKatPerth says:

Sounds expensive :),…. I’m really just starting out and have a Canon
70D,… I don’t have a flash for it (only the built in one) so was wanting
something that would handle giving off small amounts of light! Thank you
for getting back to me so quickly,… I really am enjoying going through
your tutorials on composition. lighting and dressing areas that you want to
shoot… you work really is inspiring :) Cheers From Australia

fallyhag says:

Nice images but why choose such an expensive lighting system for this
setup? Do I really need to spend over £1300 on a Quadra or can I just use a
speedlight on manual?

Lovegrove Training says:

Thank you That Canon Guy – praise indeed :)

Lovegrove Training says:

Hi Amer, I normally use continuous light in situations like this and I only
use barn doors on my Lupolux Spotlights. But if you watch my Studio
Portraits video you will see a lot of feathering of flash modifiers. My
Hollywood Portraits video on YouTube shows how I set the barn doors and use
Scatter gels. Have a look at those videos next ;) Cheers, Damien.

vadimyakus says:

Nice video! Thanks!

Lovegrove Training says:

Hi Fallyhag cont… and most lighting modifiers are designed for a doughnut
shape emitter. Once you have all in place you will need a trigger system
and you will soon realise that there is no modeling light and it will be a
faf involving trial and error. Even cheaper than a Speedlight would be an
Elinchrom D lite. Speedlights are very expensive unless you get the Yongnuo
ones. I hope this helps.

Sean Shimmel says:

Reading all your detailed comments. Tireless.

goonswarm007 says:

Is it possible to buy your Videos from Europe ? € ?

choknuti says:

Nice one thank you Damien. Could you do a tutorial on posing? not just the
poses as everybody else does but the thought process as in what you are
looking for when you pose the model? I love how you pose them.

Twostones00 says:

Thanks, I have that lens and love it. You are teaching me to “see the
light.” Thanks for sharing your videos with us all.

Lovegrove Training says:

Hi AllyKatPerth, Thanks for your kind words. I was using an Elinchrom
Quadra. It is my location flash of choice because not only is it powerful
when it needs to be it can give just a small blip of light when needed. It
takes it’s own modifiers and all the Elinchrom ones via an adapter. Dim it
down a little means turn the flash power down. I hope this helps. Damien.

That Canon Guy says:

You are so so so good Damien… My soul rest alvays when i look your videos
!!!!!!

Lovegrove Training says:

Hi Twostones00 I was using a 50mm f/1.4 lens on a Canon 5D mk2. I have
owned all the Canon 50mm lenses and the f/1.4 is the best. It is not as
good as the Sigma f/1.4 though. That lens is wonderful.

AllyKatPerth says:

Hello,… and thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us and
teaching us along the way,… could I ask what flash you were using and
what did you mean when you said you wanted to dim it down a little… hope
to hear an answer from you to help me out with shooting my friends in a
similar fashion. Cheers