Send Photos from DSLR to Your Mobile Device. The reDefine Show with Tamara Lackey: AdoramaTV

www.adorama.com No wireless connection? No problem! Learn how to wirelessly transfer your images from your DSLR to your mobile device whether or not you even…

Comments

Tamara Lackey says:

A straightforward walkthrough response to an oft-asked question: How do you
wirelessly transfer images from your DSLR to your phone, even without WIFI
(or even a WIFI-enabled camera)?
-> The new reDefine Show, on +Adorama TV:

+Nikon USA D750

#wirelessly #tutorial

Jason Cheung says:

It’s important to note that the photos that Tamara transferred to her phone
were not the RAW files. Nor are the full resolution JPG’s. They’re reduced
sized. That’s why they transferred so quickly. The only way to natively
transfer a full resolution photo is to download them one by one. Once you
do a batch download, they’re resized.
I find the Nikon WIFI implementation to be awkward. I’d much rather use an
Eye-Fi card.

Leslie Yeow says:

These segments with Tamara Lackey are the best. Thanks for producing these
+Adorama !

cascadehiker50 says:

Nikon needs to make the app for Windows phone also.

Federico Feroldi says:

There are tons of sd card with wi-fi capability (see Eye-fi and similar),
that way you can share your photo without camera specification.

Kryn Sporry says:

Just wanted to say good job on mentioning the network security thing. It’s
easy to forget, and many people have been making a big fuzz, claiming
Nikon’s wifi features are unsecure, whilst the reality is that they didn’t
read the manual.

However, I think it’s a bit misleading to say that all you need to do is
buy a WU-1a Wifi adapter to make your non-wifi camera a wifi camera. It’s
not true. the wifi adapters are for a select number of cameras. For
example, the D800 series is not compatible with this, and if you want wifi
capability for your D800, you need a couple of Nikon accessories that
together cost almost as much as the camera body itself. A more affordable
alternative is the camranger. I’ve heard someone wrote a hack for the WU-1a
so it works on the D800, but I haven’t tried it yet. If you’re adventurous
you could try that.

Aram says:

i have this wifi adapter but its sooooo slow when sending image to my
iphone it takes sometimes 4 to 5 min to send one single image :( i dont
know why and some times its no working at all… my cam is nikon d7100 +Tamara
Lackey

FoxySilver Gal says:

Once you setup the phone/camera connection, do you leave the connection
enabled in the camera or start afresh with each transfer session?

Ian Phillips says:

Hi Tamara, lovely video by the way but I have a quick question, the nikon
wireless adapter, does it only work with nikon cameras or can it work with
any other brand as I shoot with an Olympus E3 and would really like to be
able to use this feature?

bi1iruben says:

This is for Nikon only, what of Canon. The Canon 70D has wifi built in, but
only transfers across a reduced size version of the file to a smartphone,
and similarly does not seem to transfer wirelessesly a full image to a PC
via one’s home router. I guess sending images wirelessly is still limited
by relative slow speed of wifi, and cable tethering is just so much
faster ?

Gary Lum says:

Thanks +Tamara Lackey and +Adorama Which wireless mobile adapter works with
the Nikon D810? Thanks again for the helpful video.

Cristian Canessa says:

Did you transfer raw? I do have wu1a and its so slow, I can even transfer a
raw. Also the connection it’s not very stable…
I’ve check into forums and several people have these kind of problems.
Also the app it’s not compatible with iPad…. Very bad for Nikon

hussein alkaeby says:

can i use it for canon 1dx

odLot Paweł Jakubowski says:

I need to use FPV system. I’m recording videos using drone and using 2,4ghz
is dangerous for radio control system.
Tamara’s tip is useful, when you have somebody to edit and publish photos
immediately. I thought that RAWs will be processed a bit longer, but it’s
super fast ;)

John T Mcdonough says:

That seemed easy, why is Canon such a pain to use and set up. The
directions are so confusing it just isnt worth the effort to set up a canon
d70.

عمار الشايب says:

Is canon WiFi capability is same in term of smooth syncing with the phone?

سنابس ديرتي says:

Plleezz I need it :(

o0OmrmusicO0o says:

what about canon -.-

Star Muhammad says:

Very Cool!!!

Ondjerera says:

Send Photos from DSLR to Your Mobile Device. The reDefine Show with Tamara
Lackey: AdoramaTV – YouTube

KMURRA says:

Anything for canon users??

John Telger says:

A straightforward walkthrough response to an oft-asked question: How do you
wirelessly transfer images from your DSLR to your phone, even without WIFI
(or even a WIFI-enabled camera)?
-> The new reDefine Show, on +Adorama TV: